Thursday, October 18, 2012

I again am surrounded by breathtaking autumn colors...

Oh my land... I cannot tell you how much I LOVE the fall. I know it also means winter is almost upon us, and in Logan, that's not such an inviting topic, but... fall is SO great! The colors, the crisp morning air, the sunsets descending over the tops of a sea of orange, red, and yellow leaves... Gah. Sometimes I just can't believe I live in such a beautiful place when it comes to Autumn time.

I walked to school this morning, hurrying to get up to campus for a test... actually, two tests today... and had to force myself not to whip out my camera from my backpack and start snapping away at the rows of trees that line the sidewalks of campus and Logan, in general. I don't know how He does it, but our Heavenly Father is so very good at giving us each little moments in which we feel so contented, happy, and simply marveling at the beauty and goodness that surrounds us. I love that He created this earth with all its seasons, variety and magnificence just for us. For His children's enjoyment and pleasure.

My husband made fun of me yesterday when, while holding his hand walking home from school, I kept veering from side to side finding leaves to crunch underneath my footfalls... tee hee. One of the BEST sounds... ever. It's fall break for us peeps at USU and I can't wait for the weekend. This season always makes me think of the words to a wonderful hymn:


For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies;
For the love which from our birth,
Over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

Thank goodness He loves us and places little rays of sunshine in our lives-- whether they be people or sights or smells or sounds... they are for our good, and just because He loves us. Tender mercies, I believe they are called.
And now for some pictures...
 Yes, this is the street where I live. If there's one wonderful thing about Logan, the tree-lined streets win hands-down. :)
 I love the leaves that are in between changing. So cool!



Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment